Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crepes/ Happy Anniversary Honey!!!


My sweet husband and I got married four years ago today in the LDS Mesa, AZ temple.
Since that day we've been blessed with a wonderful happy marriage, and two beautiful daughters.
Something my sweetheart introduced me to is crepes. For those who don't know  a crepe is kind of like a very thin pancake that you fill with yummy things. This morning I made him crepes, with love, chocolate and raspberries.

CREPES
2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
2 cups fat free milk
11/3 cup GF flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp melted butter

1.) place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
2.) refrigerate for 45 min.
3.) Heat a skillet over medium with a little bit of butter
HINT: you want the butter too bubble a little, but if it starts turning brown your pan is too hot.
put enough batter in the pan to barely coat the bottom of the pan. Flip after it cooks long enough to slide around in the pan. then try and flip it by tossing it in the pan. If you can do it right it will make them prettier. I found using a spatula tends to make it messy.

You can fill crepes with many things, fruit filling, nutella, even butter and syrup. What I did for the picture is nutella on the inside with raspberry pie filling on top. I heated the filling over the stove with about a half cup of water to make it a little more like syrup. Whipped topping went on top of that with raspberries and chocolate shavings as a garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment