Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chili Beans (kind of)



Chili beans

So everybody has there own recipe for "chili beans" and admitedly mine changes every time I make it, but I have found having a few standard ingredients that I can keep on hand helps so I can have a quick meal when I need one (for example last night, I needed something fairly easy about 20 minutes before my sweetheart came home). Usually I try and buy the canned goods on sale and buy in bulk.

For an exact recipe with the nutrition values already worked out, check out the "Easy Chili Beans" recipe on the recipe page
3 12oz cans of beans drained ( I prefer black, but i usually mix it up with another kind like kidney or pinto)
one can of corn (may be omitted for corn allergy)
one can of diced tomatos
ground beef, turkey, or if your in a hurry canned chicken
onion powder garlic powder, chili powder, salt to taste

brown meat (if nessacary) mix it all in the pot and boil on high for about 10 to 15 minutes or until water boils down stir occasionally
serve in bowls and top with sour cream salsa and cheese

suggested add-ins: Bell pepper, diced garlic or onion (omit powdered if used), canned green chili, salsa, anything else that sounds good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment